Sunday, November 09, 2008

The lamp is burnin' low upon my table top The snow is softly falling The air is still within the silence of my room I hear your voice softly calling

Music that has got me through the day. Alison Krauss.

I have written three papers already this weekend. One more to go, and it is just gonna have to be handed in late.
It is snowing right now. I have been charting the action on weather.com as well as the tele. It doesn't look great for a snow day. But perhaps just a late start... fingers crossed. It was so sunny and gorgeous here yesterday. I like snow though, so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! The rest of the week will have nice weather.
I decided at the end of the week I am pulling out all my Christmas music! Whoo hoooOOO! I did a little sampling tonight though. Song for a Winters Night - Sarah McLachlan. Although I like the Gordon Lightfoot version as well. But I am partial to Gordon Lightfoot.
I found a cat. Well it sat in my windowsill meowing for two days, and then I just let it inside. I can't keep it. I want to. I already have two cats, and a dog. That is enough pets. It is lovely tough. And orange. Very orange.
I was so pumped yesterday because I finally found a great purple nail polish. I have been on the hunt. Seriously, it is a lot harder that you think. I tried all of my Gallup resources - being Walgreens and Walmart. Then I checked out Target last weekend. Nada. Well I stumbled upon one of those beauty supply places yesterday and wamo - purple nail polish galore. In the picture below you can see my nails all painted different shades of purple. I needed to find the right shade. Which until yesterday seemed impossible. I went with Tempest and VIII. I got greedy and picked out two. THEN, guess what, they just happened to be buy two get one free, so I picked up an amazing fuchsia pink called Sexy Silhouette. You can never have too many nail polishes. I also forgot to take them out of my purse, so this morning at church my little bff Maggi saw them and was enthralled with my new colors (I often paint her nails). So that led me to hosting a Tea/Nail painting Party on Tuesday. That's right a Veterans Day Tea Party. I am inviting Maggi, Audria, and Naomi (whom are all somewhere between 4 and 5). It will be grand and I will post pictures.
Oh and the whole purple thing has to do with my new glasses and it is also Maggi's favorite color. She is a big influence in my life.
p.s. Isn't that mug great? I purchased it a few years ago in some little shop in San Diego. The udder even has teats.

1 comment:

Richard McKrank said...

Aren't those shirts awesome?