Tuesday, January 03, 2006

In the minority...


Marie, Cara, me, and Rita at the top of our hike. The wind was nuts, but they say it is usually not too bad. Notice the beautiful red mountains in the background.

So we start on the hike (which is really a mini hike) and everything seems fine. But I suppose you need to get used to this altitude thing. I thought my lungs were going to colapse. I was the first to the top, but I huffed and puffed the whole way. I am a little out of shape, but I am hoping I can get used to this whole being at 6,600 feet. We have a large hike coming this week so I will see how I do.


This afternoon we decided to head on down to Walmart (sorry Kevin). We needed groceries and slippers. Cold floors here. Well apparently it was pay day and all the Indians then head to Walmart. I also found out today that this Walmart in Galup is the largest grossing Walmart in the country. We experienced that today. So many people. Also I was the only blonde in the whole store, and we were the only 'Anglos' in the whole place.
Fun times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha stupid altitude I love it though just wait for a clear night

Anonymous said...

no wonder you called that hike "mini hike" in comparison to our "killer hike" at spruce woods.
h

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel! Sounds like you're having a good time out there. Hope to keep in touch with you.