Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Crazy Climb

So this weekend was really fun. We had two big events 1. hiking up to 7500 feet in eleveation 2. going to a wolf reservse. The hike was absolutely amazing. The nine of us started the treck, but of course it was not hard core enough for me, so Caitlin (Trinity Christian College), and I blazed our own trail. It was awesome. Seriously I almost died a couple of times, not joking, and it was an out of this world experience.
View from the hike!


This is Cara, Caitlin and I, 1/3 of the way up, we made it all the way to the very top point. This is also the point at which we left the rail and made our own. Looks intense? It was!






This is a cave that we found on our own climb. It has a whole at the top (I am poking out of it). The wierd thing about this rock is that is is really packed sand. The wind whips around here like a maniac, and just compacts it all. It made it hard to climb because you would slip as you walked on it because the sand would come loose. But it is amazingly beautiful.



On Sunday my mom, Cara, and I went to a wolf reserve. (My mom left yesterday) See people breed dogs and wolves thinking that it would be cool (it would) and the wolves end up making horrible pets. They also save beaten wolves. So these people got a wolf dog, and they didn't want it anymore cause it turned bad. So they locked it in their shed. He survied in there for 6MONTHS!!! He ate his own fur, water that dripped in from the cracks, and random rodents that might happen through. He had open sores all over him and no fur. He also ate his own feeces.

It was unfricken believeable. He is all healthy now. So thats what they do. Rescue wolves. I love it sooooo much. So sad. There were a bunch of pure wolves, high content, and mid content.


This is a picture of me at the flea market with a wolf pup. I wanted him till I went to the wolf reserve. Acutally I still want him.






4 comments:

Kunnari said...

then go back and get him.

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

Mel that looks like an enjoyable outing. If you bring a wolf back I would let it slide!

Jonathan said...

I'm sure Kevin wouldn't mind if you had a wolf pup on the wing.
You could make a documentary about it... or an article in the underground paper...
and who says wolves don't make good pets? Ever seen white fang?

Jeffy said...

hehe maybe you should just go out and live with the wolves like in the jungle book? good luck Man cub!!

PS. here is my new blogspot address

http://jeffreyallan.blogspot.com/