Monday, December 03, 2007

The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle

This is by far one of the best books on the planet. It is not wise, it does not hold the secret to life, it was not life changing, but I laughed my pants, well 'trousers' off. If you live close to a library you must go check it out. I just read it aloud to my class, although some of it may have been over their heads, we had a great time. Here is one of the quotes that had me in tears. The premise is that this kid is justifying why his dad is not a bad guy.
"Jimmy: And even though he wouldn't let me pick my nose, even though there was a brilliant bit of snot up there and I wanted to flick it at Grandad because he was asleep and his mouth was open."
I seriously lost it, and I don't think my students knew what was going on. The book is ridiculously awesome. Please read it.




No comments: