Friday, May 04, 2007

The week at a glance...

That is a recent picture of Banks, Stella, and I. They are so huge.

Thing around here are pretty good. I took my class on a field trip to the zoo in Albuquerque on Tuesday. That was an interesting experience. Its a two hour bus ride and the little ones did pretty well considering. We saw some sweet animals, their favorites were the komodo dragon, baby giraffe, hippo (only cause he "toots and poops"), and the green tree python. I have never seen kids so excited.

As I was changing our class calendar to May, my students ask why is there a special day sticker on that day. I proceeded to tell them that that is the last day of school. Then they would get the whole month of June and July off and then come back to school in August. They were thoroughly disgusted that they wouldn't be allowed to come to school all summer, but were happy that they would get to come back again in August. Then I pissed them off even more when I told them well they would be going to second grade and have a new teacher. The whines and groans were deafening. " We don't want another teacher, we don't want to go to second grade..." Nice to know I am wanted! They are pretty cute little buggers and I don't really want them to leave either.

I am supposed to be arriving in Denver right about now to visit some friends. I was on my way last night when my gas pedal broke. That's right just stopped working while I am flying down the interstate. Thank goodness I was only 30 miles outta Gallup. Got a tow truck and am now safe and sound. They can't get the part in till next week. Poo. Very disappointing. So I took today off for nothing. Well at least I went for a manicure and a pedicure. It made me feel a little bit better.

No comments: