Thursday, August 24, 2006

On the Road Again


Alas I finally had to leave. With the car loaded I headed to the U S of A. The 30 some odd hour trip to New Mexico was shortened by a weekend stint in Montana with the Schutters - which actually turned into 5 wonderful days in "the last best place." We did some boating on Saturday and I must say the lake is truly amazing. I can also now say I can wake board and slalom thanks to Jeff's patience. Sunday I was supposed to leave - but I ended up going camping with the family until Tuesday. We headed up to the mountains and it was so amazingly beautiful. We played games, boated, relaxed, read, biked a bit, and ate great food. But the fun had to end and off on my journey south I headed once again. I left Tuesday night - stayed overnight in a hotel that cost $100 (after many tears and visiting 8 totally booked hotels at 11pm it was all that was available). I woke up early and headed out the door again. Gosh so much driving alone. It drove me mad at times. It pretty depressing thinking of everything I was leaving. It probably made it worse hanging out with Jeff too - more goodbyes and great memories - so hard.




Jeff and his mad skills!









Yes that is me, and I am actually wakeboarding!









This is where we went camping. I think the town was Helena... it was amazingly beautiful. Mountains all around and just beautiful lakes.







Kurt, Joe, and Katie











Jeff land lock surfing - probably the coolest thing I have ever done. So fun.

No comments: