Thursday, August 24, 2006

7 States later and living as an alien

Another Summer Gone

I apologize now for this being the longest post ever. I feel like I need to go through everything I have done in the last two weeks for me to actually believe that it all a happened.
I had an amazing summer. Hanging out with friends again - my cousin Matt, the church people, my friends Tyler, Pinto, Chris, Dave, and Kristen. We had many great times. I cannot believe that summer is over.

A JOB???

I got a call a two weeks ago last Friday from New Mexico saying you have a job! So I spent that week packing and by Friday the 11th I was on my way.
The week was crazy with last good byes, a HUGE barbecue in honor of my departure from Winnipeg, as well as a last blast at the beach Sunday afternoon. My only wish was to hit Grand Beach one last time - which Sara, Margaret, Matt and Tamara granted.

Sara was voted to be burred, she had no choice - ps. I dug the hole - the others just decided to join in with the fun
part and bury her. Fun was had by all - Frisbee, playing in the sand, reminiscing of years gone by, swimming past the buoys, and of course dune jumping.







That is Kristen and I last Christmas in California. Before I left for New Mexico she gave me the sweetest little scrapbook of pictures of us from high school and stuff. It is so cute.

So the last hurrah before I left was bitter sweet. I had a truly amazing summer that was made by reconnecting with old friends - only to leave again. Ah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel!! Where have you been? Call me soon and let me know your plans for the week!
Love,
Cas

Dena said...

There's something very satisfying about cleaning dirty new homes - it makes them feel more "yours." Good luck in NM Mel - and if you ever want to annoy Cara (a LOT) just crank up the volume on your alarm clock and hit snooze a few extra times in the morning.

tamara noelle said...

Ah yes, good ole Grand Beach. What a blast that was. Awesome, I'm even in a pic you took, I feel so special. If only I knew how to post pictures, I'd post a whole bunch from the wedding. Summer was fun hanging out with you. I loved watching all you guys play Ultimate, I'm sad it's over now. I hope things are going well for you in New Mexico.
Much love,
Tamara