Friday, May 26, 2006

"What are you doing? Go to bed, you sons of bitches! "

Just a quick post before I head off for the weekend...
I have adjusted to being home well and have kept myself quite busy, despite not having a job. I am switching bedrooms, from the master bedroom upstairs (the whole upstairs) to the crawl space on the main floor. It makes me sad, but I am lucky I got away being up there for as long as I did. I painted the room brown, taupe(ish), and pink. It is cool, it looks like neapolitan ice cream. Mike you would like it. Anyways, I will post some pictures when its done. It has been a lot of work, sanding, priming, puttying, ripping out baseboards, oh and I found hardwood floors under the carpet, so I am gonna have them redone.
Last weekend I took a bunch of youth from my church to a retreat at a camp in Fort Frances, Ontario. It was a wonderful refreshing weekend. The speaker is probably one of the best I have ever heard, and I really think the youth gained a lot of knowledge and new ideas about being a Christian and how to hold onto that. It is so easy to go on retreats and have spiritual highs, but this speaker really just put it all into perspective. I love being with youth and we had a lot of fun goofing around as well.
This week I spent some time cleaning up the yard, weeding, cleaning out the gutters etc. I also hung out with my aunt and baby (Ethan). He says my name now. We are best friends.
I am heading out now for the weekend on a canoe trip. I am so excited. My cousin Matt will be my canoe partner, should be some good times. We have two portages tonight, and three lakes to get through so I am a getting all pumped to go. I am waiting for him to get here so we can get on the road. The rest of the group is heading out later on tonight because they have to work.
Oh I have a job interview on Tuesday with this place called the Family Center. I will be doing research, and developing programs for preschoolers. Teaching them life skills, building friendships, sharing etc. They had out the materials to their clients. Sounds like a great summer job. I hope it all comes together.
I am also pretty sore, so I hope I don't freak out in the canoe. I have been playing Ultimate Frisbee in a city league, and I got cranked in the head by this super intense wacko (you know the type). Also I was riding my horse for the first time this year so my va-j-j is a little bruised.
I also watched Life Aquatic this weekend. I was enthrawled.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo Oilers!!! Even though my dad wants Anaheim to win.
My ride is here. Out to paddle I go... I hope I don't get swamp leeches on me.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

VaJ-J!!!!! Sorry it's sore. I thought you were a no-go on the working this summer? Getting bored? Feeling lazy? Because you SHOULD!!!! Just kidding, Mel, I love ya and would do anything not to have a job. Hope canoeing was a blast and you didn't get eaten by a crocodile and you went skinney dipping first thing in the morning.

mike kramer said...

ice cream. nice. i actually haven't had neopolitan ice cream since i left dordt. severe withdrawl. my mom doesn't believe in it.

have fun canoeing