Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Respond all loyal hearts to Dordt; our Christian college we acclaim."


G R A D U A T I O N

So what to say... I cannot believe 1. I graduated, and 2. it was almost a week and a half ago. Here are some pictures of the grand day. I wish I would have worn my hair down. I wish I would not have have stayed up so late the night before. But it was a wonderful day. Mom, Aunty Alice, Justin and Lissa, and my dad all came down.
This picture was taken by Amber Apol. I took my camera up there cause I thought it would be fun. And it was. I got lots of sweet pics of my friends.

I had the privilege of sitting it the seat that allowed me to walk in first to the grad ceremony, with Amber. We did a big high five as we stepped up on stage. We also pretended to trip a lot of people we knew as they walked past to get their diplomas. Lots of laughs.

Matt Kunari (a great camping chef) and Rachel Echardt (who doesn't like smelly dish towels).

My roommates and I took pictures that were not necessarily the usually picture. I particularity like the pile-up, although I could barely breath. It is so different to not be living with 5 other girls anymore. So many fun times. I couldn't live like that forever, yet I know I will miss it. I will miss Tara blasting her Christian music, Cassie cleaning by throwing Tara's and my stuff at our 'area', Shawna starting her homework as I went to bed, poking Rachie in the boob or just attacking her, and Heather getting everyone to play pepper, or talking about how much she loves pepper.


That is Josh. Josh is extremely cool, and funny, and talented with the guitar. Josh reminds me of Lemony Snicket. Every time I read A Series of Unfortunate Events, I picture him as the narrator - especially in this suit.

That older gentleman with Gwen and I, is none other than the Dr. Syne Altena. He happens to be one of the most esteemed Professors at Dordt. He is truly a piece of work. My favorite part about this picture was how excited he was. I think I might develop this picture and send it to him so he can frame it and put it in is oh so sweet HPER department office. As we were taking the picture he goes, "Oh my Canadian friends!"

This happens to be Justin. Not my brother Justin, or my uncle Justin, but my really cool friend Justin, who hails from southern Ontario. I was really sad to say goodbye to him. He always beats me at canasta. He also doesn't like many desserts, like anything with whipping cream, or pie, or strawberries. And why am I friends with him you ask? Because you don't have to like desserts to be cool.


Dena and I. I love Dean, she is a true sweetheart. We had a lot of fun camping together, more on that later, and more pictures of us too.

Mom, me, Gwen, mama Bakker, and Hannah. I think my favorite part of the whole grad ceremony was singing the Dordt College Alma Mater, looking directly at Gwen and the two of us making insanely exaggerated facial expressions an doing gay actions... "And find with friends a Christian joy in camaraderie."

No comments: