Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Albuquerque Round I (Jan 13, 14, 15)


Our first weekend here was a trip to Albuquerque (2 hours east). Jason Shumate's parents reside there and I was invited to go anytime for a weekend away. So I took them up on that, bringing six girls with me. I had the time of my life. They are probably the nicest people I have ever met. So friendly and generous. They were so honoured to have us over. Friday night we hung out at their house and relaxed.

Saturday was some exploring. We found this district called Old Town. It has a plaza surround by shops, as well as a old Catholic church on one side. Shops all around the other sides. Amazing souvinere things - feather head dresses, jewlerey, postcards, Native art, Mexican stuff, and food. We had lunch at this amazing Mexican resturant that was inside an old home. Really cute. Also in this area is a ton of museums, the zoo, science center, art galleries, etc. Very neat area.

Later that night we were taken out to dinner at this yummy Italian resturant called Scarpa's. Went back to the Shumates and played cards.

Overall it was an amazing relaxing weekend. The Shumates have risen to the top of my list of amazing people.

View from the house (Sandia mountains).

No comments: