Monday, August 31, 2009

aqua, mizu, agua

Those flippin water coolers. I try. But really, these puny arms cannot wrestle the sheer size and weight of the jug. I need a man. Or maybe the ability to bench more than 5 lbs. Today I was at the water store. The guy working there asked if I needed help getting it into my car. Nope, I said, as I heaved it onto my hip. But, I offered, you could come to my house and put it on the cooler for me. He laughed at me. Needless to say, my full jug, not so full after I wrestle it up on the stand. My floor is a sopping mess, as usual.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

haha! familiar story... but we were in mexico. what's wrong with tap water on your end of the world?

Melanie said...

Maybe I am just spoiled. But the water at my last place was nasty. I recently moved and its better, but not great. Some people drink it, lots don't... It's the desert. There is no abundance of water.

vicki said...

I love that you link to my little blog. You are a funny lady. I look forward to more of your musings. I have the guy carry my 40# dog food to the car for me. Nope, not weak, just lazy. i could wrestle it in myself, but why? It is kind of embarassing when they have a girl do it though...