Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome to First Grade

Thought I would do a little update of my classroom.
Here are some pictures and a video.

Here we are on a hike up in McGaffey forest. I taught them how use sticks as weapons.

The whole class on the hike.

We went up the fire tower. Awesome views.

They read 300 books, so we had a party at the park.

Halloween

Red Ribbon week - Drug Awareness - we went around the neighbourhood doing a parade.
We chanted "Booooo to drugs!" the entire way.



This video shows some of the ridiculousness that goes on in our room.

Today we were doing place value - so I gave each student 10 popsicle sticks and 100 beans. We glued 10 beans to each stick for counters. Now they can count by 10's. Anyways - none of them new the bean song. "Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot!" So I taught it to them.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

ca-uuuuute!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

my favorite, is definately the boy in the hotdog costume in your halloween picture haha
-colleen