Sunday, September 10, 2006

Coffee and Condoms

I have found this little coffee shop appropriately called The Coffee House. It is an amazingly little joint that I frequent most nights of the week. They have wireless internet, great sandwiches, tasty bevys, and live music every night. To give you an idea - one night I was chatting with this lady who was sorting condoms, while a Navajo man sang a couple Death Cab for Cutie songs.

On another note I had my soccer debut tonight. I have never in my life played soccer. I am now on a team where I am one of two girls (league rules). So basically its a men's league with two girls on the roster. The team we played tonight had no girls, and I got absolutely rocked one time. But overall it was a great experience and I am looking forward our game next week. I also don't suck that horribly, and at least I look the part with new cleats, shin guards, socks, and a beaut of a jersey. I could grow a good 8 inches and gain 30 lbs, but I don't see that happening.

I have been on quite the little baking streak lately. I made a lemon pie on Saturday, and made chicken, stuffing, and mashed potatoes for my roommates. Today I made omelets. I think it all has to do with the new cool apron I got. My next endeavor will be oatmeal monster cookies. Mmm.


p.S. I have a Verizon cell, so if anyone wants my number, I can um make that available to you. It would be nice to chat.

8 comments:

Jihad Hernandez said...

Whoohoo for soccer! Soccer is the next best thing to hockey.

Kunnari said...

monster cookies wowzers... where does one buy monsters at?

Dena said...

Sounds like Cara's a lucky roommate Mel. Want to ship some of those cookies on over to me?

Anonymous said...

Melanie-
Hey guuuurrl! It's Cas here...just wanted to say that I checked your blog. Good stuff! Also, need a monster cookie recipe? Tara made some the other week and they were actually quite delicious...you know her cooking! Maybe being married helps?

Anonymous said...

hey
Mark wikkerink here, my blog wont let me post comments. So your down in the states again teaching? GOod deal...hows it going? I am in calgary, not doing a whole lot...
P.s cell phones are kinda cool eh? I invested in one a while ago

Anonymous said...

hey mel, it's your all time bestest cousin nicole:)im sposed to be making some movie thing, but i decided that it was lame and that i should leave you a comment:)hope everythings goin a.okay and that you arnt terrorizing the littleuns(ha just read lord of the flies:P) ha yea i should probly get back to this movie.......love ya

mike kramer said...

i miss coffee shops

Jeffy said...

I was inspired watching the red green show as to a potential halloween costume

pink yeti...

excellence is my depictive